Where, at first, virtual events started out as a pandemic-driven necessity, right now we are discovering their benefits and seeing a future for online gatherings even when the pandemic is over
Last year, 46% of event attendees joined conferences remotely, and only 12.6% went to in-person shows.
Virtual events are convenient both for guests who don’t have to commute to venues and organizers who save both time and money on planning and hosting. Statistically, using event technology for conferences saves up to 200 hours a year.
To compensate for the shortcoming of video conferencing tools (a small range of activities and tools for interacting with guests), organizers look for virtual event platforms designed to create immersive online conferences, trade shows, and other gatherings.
In this post, we will review the top 10 virtual event platforms.
oVice is a 2D virtual space platform that allows hosting large events (over 1000 attendees) without bandwidth and CPU strain.
It supports event hosts with customizable interactive venues — organizing teams can help guests navigate the venue using bulletin boards, arrows, and other objects.
At the moment, thousands of business events, conferences, and parties were successfully hosted on the platform.
- Scalability for large events
- Event live streaming is enabled
- Animated reactions (clapping, drumroll, and others) for audience engagement
- Customizable layouts for better engagement with sponsors
Remo is a virtual event platform that allows event planners to create custom venues for conferences, workshops, and other gatherings.
Presenters can use built-in whiteboards for interactive talks and connect with guests in chat or by sharing announcements.
- Shuffle mode groups attendees at random to give them more chances for spontaneous connection
- Built-in whiteboard
- Changeable virtual backgrounds
- Announcements and built-in chat
Airmeet is a hybrid event platform designed to improve engagement and add immersion to virtual events. It offers a wide range of tools for networking, presenting, and creating meaningful online experiences.
Since its launch, Airmeet has successfully hosted over 118,000 global events.
- Customizable booths that highlight event sponsors
- Tools for speed networking
- Real-time event analytics
- Interactions with marketing, CRM, and collaboration tools
Tame is a conversion-focused virtual event platform that gives hosts a rich toolset for turning attendees into leads.
It helps business owners create a long-lasting impression with a customizable conference window, and built-in CTAs, together with advanced Q&A and chat analytics for tracking event performance.
- Easy-to-use interface
- In-browser access
- Event branding
- Detailed reporting and analytics
Weve is a virtual event platform that focuses on creating fun experiences for team building, networking, product launch, and other important events.
The platform creators designed a catalog of online team-building games that help teammates connect seamlessly, have fun, and get to know each other.
- Work and play modes for meaningful meetings and parties
- Different hosting options: self-hosting, auto-hosting, and pro-hosting
- Breakout lobbies for casual interactions
- Wide catalog of team building games
SpotMe is a one-stop-shop for B2B events: the platform helps plan, manage, and organize conferences, presentations, and pitches. SpotMe gives founders room to stand out by incorporating branding into their events and customizing UX every step of the way.
The platform goes beyond the traditional webinar format by offering tools for breakout discussions, Q&A sessions, and engaging 1-on-1s.
- Designed to support remote and hybrid events
- Wide range of community engagement tools: chat, announcement feed, breakout areas, and many more.
- Advanced analytics for event performance tracking
- A free to use HTTP API for custom integrations
Mixily is a platform that combines the functionality of many event planning tools — RVSPing, connecting with guests, hosting the event, and following up to get feedback and network.
Originally, the platform started with a vision to simplify the planning of physical events and gradually grew into a full-scale online event management solution.
- Single source of truth for all event audience data
- Feature-rich but not redundant interface
- Tools for remote and hybrid event management
- A fit both for small and large gatherings
vFairs is a customizable event management platform for in-person, hybrid, and virtual conferences, presentations, and get-togethers. The platform supports event planners with end-to-end management tools.
vFairs helps collect guest data, engage with attendees, make sure speakers are comfortable, and track performance.
- Design-rich virtual environment
- Customizable event booths for sponsorships that leave an impression
- Custom features for event planners: built-in shopping card, job board, and many more.
- Detailed security management with restricted access events
Goldcast is a B2B-focused virtual event platform that supports marketers and event managers with a wide range of conversion generating tools.
The product team is committed to creating a sleek user experience, making Goldcast the Netflix of virtual events.
- Branded virtual event venues
- Rooms for networking and breakout
- High-resolution and high-fidelity video
- Online social media streaming
EventHub is a full-cycle event management platform. On top of supporting business owners, marketers, and event managers with an easy-to-use environment, the team offers users full assistance every step of the way.
- Customizable registration form
- Email campaigns that help connect with guests
- Built-in chat
- Live event streaming
The Bottom Line
In the last two years, the virtual event market has exploded. There is a growing market for tools that help bring audiences together even if guests are miles away from each other and deliver an enjoyable and immersive experience.
oVice is one of the leading virtual event management platforms worldwide. Thousands of companies, universities, and communities used its reliable, resource-efficient infrastructure for conferences, anniversaries, year-end parties, and other gatherings.
Find out how oVice empowers immersive, enjoyable virtual events and explore the platform’s use cases.