Using collaboration tools to stay connected with teams is one of the trends brought about by the pandemic. While other changes induced by the outbreak might fade into the past as the world returns to normal, the focus on collaboration technology is likely to stay.
Every year, thousands of collaboration platforms hit the market. They help streamline all possible workflows — brainstorming, product development, engineering, and marketing campaign management
They enable team-building among remote and hybrid teams and help employees stay connected even if they are based in different countries.
To give team leaders an opportunity to broaden their team management toolsets, we put together a list of unique collaboration tools that are time-savers for technology-driven teams.
oVice is a virtual office platform that helps remote teams communicate effortlessly and effectively. It removes the boundaries between teammates by creating a space where they can come together for work discussions and breakout chats.
oVice is used by over 2,200 companies, and allows over 1,000,000 people to get in touch, share ideas, brainstorm, and build innovative projects.
- Customizable spaces for office work, online classes, and events
- Instant audio and video calls
- Interactive objects for more engagement and fun
- Multiple floors connect departments or branch offices in a single workspace
ProofHub takes the trophy when it comes to the best team collaboration and project management tool. It makes it easier for project managers to not only assign tasks but also manage the workforce. Bringing every team member on the same page for a project becomes a breeze with ProofHub’s team collaboration features.
Loved by 85000+ teams and businesses worldwide, ProofHub is used by some of the biggest names like Google, NASA, Netflix, PinInterest, and Nike. It helps businesses handle multiple projects without any hassle.
- Live Chat and Discussions for effortless team collaboration.
- Customizable Kanban boards to manage every task from start to finish.
- Smooth integration with 3rd party apps for storing all project files in one place.
- Activity Logs to keep track of every task done by the office or remote team.
- Detailed project and resource report to keep track of all work.
The Swit team defines its platform as the “OS for work”. The product was built in the wake of COVID-19 to help leaders mitigate the crisis and create a single hub for task management, storing and writing content, or collaborating with teammates.
Swit’s key promise is to eliminate distractions and create workflows that don’t require teams to switch tabs. The platform makes work simple and effective, helping teams stay organized even in times of chaos.
- Task management
- Timeline and project tracking
- In-app chat
- Cross-workplace collaboration
4. Zoho Cliq
Built by Zoho, one of the leaders in productivity and team management, Cliq is a platform designed to improve the quality of hybrid communication.
It has all you would want from a video conferencing platform — the ability to record meetings, use a whiteboard, etc — and more. With Cliq, teams can communicate using GIFs, polls, and interactive gestures.
The platform is integrated with other collaboration tools, making it a one-stop shop for team management.
- Organize your widgets in a separate sidebar
- Enable password protection for ultimate file security
- Manage tasks with a built-in task manager
- Get a bird’s eye view of all your projects
Intranetus is a simple and clean tool for project and team management.
The platform helps product managers organize tasks, share updates, and store their ideas as accessible lists. Intranetus has a built-in video chat that allows teams to hop on video calls.
- Built-in task management
- In-app chat
- Lists for organizing ideas
Flow is a product that helps teams track their workflows and stay updated on every decision made in every department. It supports remote teams by automatically compiling a feed of all updates, news, and tasks that were assigned to teammates.
The platform gives a unified view of all processes and helps leaders understand the progress of their projects clearly.
- Task manager
- Project timeline tracker
- Resource-management tools
- Robust task filtering
Standuply helps remote teams reimagine management by automating meetings, standups, and other Agile workflows.
The platform offers an intelligent in-app bot that automates all asynchronous processes. The platform supports voice and video chat to enable synchronous decision-making.
- Shared knowledge base for Agile teams
- Stand-up bot
- Shareability and collaboration-friendliness
- Integrations with Slack and Teams
Building a strong team is not easy when messengers and collaboration platforms like Slack are the only way you connect with colleagues. Kona aims to help managers create a relationship-friendly environment.
It is a Slack bot that will check in with the team every day to know how everyone is doing, what challenges they are going through, and what small tweaks can improve their well-being.
- Quick Slack check-ins for monitoring your team’s well-being
- Easy to use UI
- Analytics dashboard that gives managers a condensed view of the team’s well-being
- Transparency and “people-first” approach
Zenkit is a platform for streamlined team and task management. It is one of the richest collaboration tools for project management, communication, collecting feedback, managing, and sharing tasks.
The platform supports global market leaders like Intel, IBM, Microsoft, Walmart, FedEx, and others.
- Supports various management styles: Agile, hyper-agile, or Kanban
- A rich suite of tools for digital transformation
- Streamlined task management
- Organized and easy to navigate team chatting
Ora offers an intuitive and intelligent approach to team management and project monitoring. It’s highly configurable, allowing leaders to tweak the project view and get a full view of statuses and project development.
Ora adds transparency to team management with detailed reporting, precise time tracking, and real-time notifications.
- Easy-to-manage list view of tasks
- Tables and Kanban boards
- All tasks can be divided into subtasks
- Rich task formatting
If you are looking for a “Google Drive but better”, Schema is the right choice. It helps team leaders make sense of and organize their GD data in a clean, structured view.
Schema is heavily focused on shareability, allowing teams to share knowledge and make real-time edits.
- High resource efficiency
- A new way to organize Google Drive files
- Integrated with dozens of web and native applications
- Tag-based system for project organization
Popwork addresses a very specific problem in leadership: maximizing the effectiveness of 1-on-1 meetings. It helps employees and managers prepare for interviews by answering to-the-point questions and sharing status updates.
Similarly, Popwork helps set up 1-on-1 meeting agendas with premade meeting templates. These stylish forms give talent managers an immediate understanding of how to structure a performance review or a check-in call.
- Regular check-ins for progress tracking
- Instant feedback sharing
- Clear view of the team’s mood
- OKR tracking infrastructure
Nifty helps streamline project management by breaking ambitious goals into actionable tasks and easy to clear to-dos.
The platform offers custom solutions for engineering, sales, marketing, product, and client management teams. Nifty helps track progress, design, and automate workflows.
The platform offers file storage (integrated with Dropbox and Google Drive) and a collaborative editor.
- Real-time progress tracking and reporting
- Single hub for bug fixing
- Editor and storage for creating and organizing marketing collaterals
- Instant messages and one-click video chat
For those curious what app would see the world if Trello and Slack had a baby, HeySpace might be the answer. The platform combines the features of a messaging tool with a rich task management suite. With HeySpace, you can easily reach your team, share files, and host video calls.
At the same time, the platform gives team leaders full control over the team’s to-dos, with card-based task boards, intuitive tagging, and the ability to precisely describe what needs to be done.
- Easy team mentions
- Built-in video conferencing
- Task management view
- Collaborative editing
Lattice is a platform designed to measure and monitor people success. It is an all-in-one suite of collaboration tools for assessing productivity, tracking OKRs, administering compensation, and monitoring employee engagement.
Since it hit the market 5 years ago, Lattice has become one of the leading people success platforms, used by Slack, Asana, Reddit, and other high-performing teams.
- Enables continuous feedback and helps get the most out of 1-on-1s.
- Employee surveys facilitate gauging feedback.
- Tools for monitoring individual goals and OKRs
- Custom growth plans for teammates
This list of collaboration platforms is brought to you by oVice — a leading virtual office platform with over 20,000 clients worldwide.
Find out how we enable remote work, education, and events by providing remote teams with collaboration tools for collaboration and team building.